Awards / Scholarships
Minority Outreach Scholarship Program
As part of an ongoing commitment to affirmatively recruit individuals from all racial and ethnic groups to the Real Estate profession, the REALTORS® Association of Lincoln offers minority scholarships. The scholarship program is administered by the REALTORS® Association of Lincoln, Educational Trust Fund Board. Applications for the scholarship are solicited in the spring and fall of each year. Deadlines for applications are June 1st and November 1st of every year. For more information, contact Carrie Dell 402.441.3623.
- 19 years of age or older
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Resident of REALTORS® Association of Lincoln market area
- Has joined REALTORS® Association of Lincoln in the last 12 months
- Be of Minority Status (racial, ethnic or national origin)
- Join a REALTORS® Association of Lincoln Committee
- Participate in at least three (3) REALTORS® Association of Lincoln functions within your first year in business, i.e., Member Luncheons, Young Professionals Network events or REALTORS® Political Action Committee events, etc.
Educational Trust Fund College Scholarship Program
The REALTORS® Association of Lincoln Educational Trust Fund provides scholarships to students attending colleges or universities in the State of Nebraska. Any student of sophomore, junior, or senior status who is enrolled at a four-year or two-year college on a full-time basis is eligible to apply.
The Educational Trust Fund was established in 1972 to assist individuals pursuing a college education pursuant to a career in a real estate related field of business. The trust fund is administered by a six-member Board of Directors. Two board members are elected annually by members of the REALTORS® Association of Lincoln and serve three-year terms. The fund is maintained entirely through the voluntary contributions of members. Applications for the scholarships are solicited in the fall and spring of each academic year. Deadlines for applications are June 1st and November 1st of every year. For more information, contact Carrie Dell 402.441.3623.
- The student must be attending an accredited community college or university in Nebraska
- The student must have completed 27 academic credit hours at current institution
- Must be studying in a real estate related field
- Application Requirements:
- Proof of Enrollment
- Previous semester accumulative average
- Current scholarships held, including amount
- Extracurricular activities and/or community service
- Professional goals (include a brief essay)
- Letter of reference
- Immediate family in Real Estate Industry (who/what position/where/dates)
Nebraska REALTORS® Association – Past Presidents’ Scholarship
- Must be a junior or senior in good standing for the academic year scholarship is received, OR a post-graduate student in good standing seeking an advanced degree.
- If a junior or senior undergraduate: Must be Enrolled as a full-time student at one of the University of Nebraska campuses.
- Must be working toward a degree in Business Administration or Construction Management.
- Additionally, all finalists are required to attend a personal interview as part of selection process.
For more information, please contact the Nebraska REALTORS® Association at 402.323.6500.
COURTNEY A. JANTZEN MEMORIAL AWARD
Courtney Jantzen became a property manager at Hoppe, Inc. in August of 2003 and obtained her real estate salesperson license on May 18, 2004. She then began working at the Pine Lake office of Home Real Estate. In October of 2005, Courtney earned her GRI (Graduate REALTOR® Institute) designation.
Courtney was diagnosed in February of 2006 with a rapidly growing malignant brain tumor. Throughout her illness she remained a caring and extremely giving person. She died on April 8, 2006.
Her family wishes to keep Courtney’s spirit and memory alive by presenting a yearly stipend in her name. To be considered for the award an applicant must have been a REALTOR® for three years or less. This money is intended to be used for a NAR recognized designation class to enable the recipient to continue their growth and knowledge of the real estate business. For more information please contact Carrie Dell 402.441.3623.
- REALTOR® member for three years or less.
- Currently earning or an interest in obtaining a NAR designation.
- Applicant must complete the application in full and submit to RAL office by August 15.
Bradley L. Cuda Award
In 1985 the Lincoln Board of REALTORS® established the Bradley L. Cuda Award. This award was presented annually to recognize those individuals or organizations who have made a significant contribution to child safety for 30 years.
The memorial was dedicated to the memory of Brad Cuda, the seven year old son of Dan and Jeanne Cuda, who was killed while crossing a Lincoln street on his way home from school. The recipient of the award received a keepsake of the occasion as well as a monetary honorarium.
The award was based on the following criteria:
- Significant contributions to child safety within the jurisdiction of the REALTORS® Association of Lincoln. This may be a part of their official duties or as a volunteer.
- Contribution must be recognized by colleagues, whether by quiet dedication or wide spread publicity.
- Dedication and continuous growth in responsibility and experience, not only in child safety field, but also in community responsibilities.
It was decided to sunset the award in 2015. The REALTORS® Association of Lincoln is honored to have been involved with this effort for so many years.