STATEMENT OF ORGANIZATION & PURPOSE FOR THE HOUSING ADVOCACY COMMITTEE OF THE REALTORS® ASSOCIATION OF LINCOLN
The Housing Advocacy Committee is a designated standing committee under Article XIII, of the association bylaws.
The Housing Advocacy Committee is a standing committee with the chair, vice-chair and members appointed by the Board President with the approval of the Board of Directors.
The committee shall meet as needed and as determined by the chair. It may be called into special session at the direction of the Board President. The Chair or Vice-Chair shall have the right of attending all regular monthly meetings of the Board of Directors.
Committee purposes are:
1. To partner with other groups in the community who develop and advocate new approaches to making housing more attainable to underserved members of the community.
2. To promote resources and programs educating REALTORS® about counseling consumers on the home buying process. Keeping REALTORS® informed of developments in applicable civil rights laws, Fair Housing Laws and programs of the National Association of REALTORS®.
3. To raise awareness in the community, by emphasizing the promotion of affordable housing which improves neighborhoods and impacts first-time purchasers, low and moderate-income persons, minorities, seniors, individuals with disabilities, renters, single-parent households, as well as all
property owners in the community. Increased awareness creates a positive effect on the overall quality of life and economic climate of Lincoln and surrounding areas.
4. To create a positive public position for the REALTORS® Association of Lincoln and members in the fields of affordable housing, civil rights and equal opportunity in housing.
5. To promote the use of the Fair Housing Logo by individual members and member firms of the REALTORS® Association of Lincoln. Provide educational materials and training for members on the duties, obligations and rights of individuals under Fair Housing Laws.
6. To sponsor outreach and training programs to acquaint and recruit underserved members of the community in regards to the purpose and operation of the REALTORS® Association of Lincoln as well as with opportunities within the real estate industry.
Contact: Christina Krivolavek